Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teaching and Culture Shock

THURSDAY- We started right into the work.  We wake and have a perfect morning which consists of working out and then 2 hours of studies. Then we go out and start teaching.  One of the families that we are teaching is the Rodda's.  They have an 8 year old boy that is going to be baptized on Saturday.  We were asking him who he wanted to speak so he named somebody in the ward and then me. So I will be speaking at a baptism.

FRIDAY- This is where a little bit of the culture shock sets in. I am in an area kind of like the suburbs of Adelaide called Elizabeth.  Our specific area ranges a lot from very poor to wealthy. so it is very interesting.  We have been working more in the poor area.  Everything is smaller here, other than it being smaller it is very similar to America.  Anyways, about the culture shock, we knocked on a door and it was just the screen door because the other one was open. The next thing I see was like a naked 7 year old boy running towards the door waving his arms in the air and yelling like a monster.  It was awkward at the moment but hilarious.  Whenever I think about it, it makes me laugh.  My companion says that he is used to that kind of stuff now, so I am guessing I will have a lot more stuff like that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment