Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Thoughts

Here are some happy thoughts that Elder Hyde sent home.  We were able to share this for him at our mother's funeral:

Mom has taught me many things, it's hard to narrow down, but as most of us know she has been in a battle with cancer for nearly half my life. This would be a massive trial for anyone to bear. I was lucky enough to be able to spend a lot of time with her during this time, and I never heard her mention anything about "why me" or anything negative the whole time, she just endured through it and made the best of it. So I guess you could say that she taught me how to happily persevere through trials. She always kept a positive attitude towards life and she expressed it through her humor. She would always say or do something funny that would make those around her smile or laugh. Although, she would blame the chemo and drugs for her silliness but I'm not too sure about that. She was the perfect example to me of being happy when life doesn't exactly go your way, and making the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment