Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jambo

Hello family,

One thing that is sweet about this area is that there are so many different cultures here.  We get the opportunity to teach a lot of different people, and they teach us a bit about their culture.  They teach us a few words in their language, jambo is hello in Swahili in case you were wondering why that was the subject.

We talked to a really funny lady this week that had all the funny misconceptions about latter day saints. The one that I thought was the funniest was that she thought once you join our church "you start to speak like an American." ha.  She must have met a lot of American missionaries in the past.  I think the biggest problem that we have here with finding people is that they don’t really know what the church is like and they don’t want to try and find out.  But, whenever we are able to get people to church they love it and said that it’s not what they expected. So we just need to figure out how to inform people about who we really are.

I had some really good prawn here which is shrimp. i think the main reason I liked it is because it wasn’t the texture of rubber bands.  They must have a secret way of growing prawn here?

I got a wedding announcement from Brad Lloyd this week, if you see him tell him congrats and that I would have come if I knew about it but the announcement was late.

I am going to try to burn a disk with pictures and videos to send home hopefully soon.

Hugs and kisses. Have a great week

Love Elder Hyde

AUSSIE TERM OF THE WEEK:
brekky = breakfast
tea = dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment