Sunday, July 3, 2011

Having a Family Forever Brings Me Great Strength

g'day family,

It has been another great week as always.  For p day we played some billiards at a member’s home and they bought us KFC and Domino's. KFC is a pretty big deal here.  Billiards was fun, this guy converted his shed into a sweet chilling place, with everything that a grandpa would need.  

To answer a few of your questions, I can’t think of a lot of things that I really need.  They don’t have Reese’s or Peanut butter M&M’s.  People have told me that there is an American shop where I can get things like that but it is super expensive.  I don’t know if it would be more expensive than shipping it.  The only other thing that I can think of is that I have worn down a pair of the work gloves.  It would be nice to have a few more.  It doesn’t matter to me if you send letters in the mail.  I guess it is up to you because it is just as easy and cheaper to email.

My pants still fit good.  I feel like I am gaining weight just because everywhere we go people ask if we want something to eat and we say no but they give us food anyway. We could probably eat healthier.  I have been taking the vitamins you sent me with.

We got a sweet new investigator that is actually a member of the RLDS.  She is a very nice lady.  It is going to be interesting to teach her because she already has the beliefs in Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, but she just doesn’t know the complete truth.  We haven’t had a lot of time to talk with her but I am excited to bring her all the happiness that the knowledge of our gospel can bring, because one thing that she mentioned was that they don’t believe in celestial marriage, but I cant imagine not having that, I wouldn’t be completely happy without it. The knowledge I have of being with my family forever brings me great strength.

We had a missionary fireside yesterday and President Poulton spoke at it. I love president. He is a very knowledgeable about the gospel.

We had trade off on Saturday and I was with another elder that also can’t drive a car because he is new. We were left to ride our bikes all day.  As it turns out the weather was perfect all week, except for Saturday it rained all day.  Then on Sunday it was sunny again.  I think that I was probably supposed to learn some kind of lesson out of it but I don’t know what it is yet. Luckily I wore my waterproof coat. Usually if it is rainy then we just get in the car but we didn’t have that luxury.

Sorry for the short letter but i love you all and have an awesome week.

love Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment