Sunday, May 22, 2011

Testimony of Prayer and Aussie Lingo

Hello,
I can't believe that I have been in Australia a month now, but it is even harder to believe that Derek is getting married this week. I am excited for them and wish them the best. It is funny to hear that you guys are getting the cutout of me, that should be interesting.

Sounds like the jazz got lucky with their picks, should be exciting. The last couple of days it has been really rainy here also. I woke up in the middle of the night to rain that sounded like a jet engine taking off.  I don’t think the roofs here have much insulation because they don’t really need it, so when it rains it is loud.  People have told us that there is a lot of flooding in America, is that affecting places around you or no? 

I am excited to hear that Ben is getting ready to enter the MTC and that everything is going well.

I have had a great week this week.  We had a zone p day on Monday and for that we played rugby.   It was actually hard to get the hang of it, probably because it doesn’t make that much sense to me that you have to always throw the ball backwards even though you want to go forward, but it is really fun.  
Tuesday was my companions 6 month mark so we burned a tie for him.  Funny thing is that we live right next to a petrol station so we were kind of scared to burn it.
My testimony of prayer was strengthened this week. In the middle of the night I woke up and I was having a fever.  I was worried so I decided to pray and ask that I would be able to wake up and be able to do the activities that we had planned for the day. sure enough when I woke up in the morning I didn’t have a fever and the only thing I had left was a minor headache and I was able to function for the day which was good because that was the day we had a training with Elder Callister.  He was the area seventy of the Australia missions and now I believe he is going to be serving in the presidency of the seventy.  So it was awesome to talk with him and learn from him.  We got invited this week to go to a brekky with a whole bunch of ecclesiastical leaders.  We thought that we were going to be bible bashing with them and stuff but it turned out that religion wasn’t even discussed very much.

There is never a dull moment and I am learning new things all of the time.  Good luck with the wedding and enjoy life.  I love you guys.
love Elder Hyde

In my letters now I think I will write a little section of interesting lingo that I have learned for the week.

AUSSIE LINGO FOR THE WEEK
whipper snipper (weed wacker)
touch wood   (knock on wood)
rocked up  (showed up)
zed  (the letter Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment