Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blessings

Dear family,
Sorry I am in a hurry, I have been having computer problems this morning so this will be a quick email.

I gave my first blessing(s) this week.  My companion had a tooth that was bothering him so he asked if I would give him one.  Then the next day an investigator asked us for one and he chose me to do it.  I was kind of nervous, but I just relied on the spirit and it went well.
We ate at a less active families house on Wednesday and they made us lamb chops, they ended up being the lamb that we caught the previous week.  It was kind of cool to catch and then eat it.

I played my first didgeridoo this week.  It is harder than it looks, but the member that showed us is pretty much a professional.  His name is brother Ween and he looks like Steve Irwin and sounds like him.  Next time we eat with him I am going to ask for a picture with him.
Sorry this is such a short letter but I want you guys to know that I love you and the work here is going great, we have a few potential baptisms on the way so hopefully those work out.
love Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment