Sunday, October 16, 2011

Service at the Temple, Growing Potatoes and Pouring Concrete

g'day mates,
Sorry that I am writing late today.  We got a call from the office the other day asking if we would do service for the temple this morning so we couldn’t resist. It was a big sacrifice for us to give up some of our pday but it was a blessing as well.  Not many missionaries get the chance to do the service so it was a good experience.  It was weird that they called us too because we are one of the furthest missionaries away from the temple in the city zones.  I just think they needed some of the strongest most studly missionaries. ha.  I think that I may also write late next week also because we might go to the Gorge which is another wildlife park where you can actually hold a koala, so that should be cool. So I may or may not write late again next week, it depends.


Back when I was with Elder Pack we bought a big sack of potatoes.  We didn’t use them all and they started to grow the seedlings out of them. We have just a little like half meter patch of dirt at our flat so I decided I would chuck one in that dirt not expecting it to grow or even if it did not be around to see it. But sure enough it has grown and it is bigger than some of the other plants in it.  People told me it wouldn’t work but dad had taught me the skills and it worked.

We did service for a less active and guess what it was, pouring concrete.  It brought back some fun memories.  The only problem was we had to do it the old fashioned way with a shovel and a wheelbarrow.
Have a great week. love ya.
love Elder Hyde

AUSSIE TERM OF THE WEEK:
crossed = angry
if someone is cross with you they are mad at you

No comments:

Post a Comment