Monday, June 13, 2011

Baptism, New Food and Playing the Organ

Hello Family,

I am excited for you to try the Tim Tams.  Here they are actually made by Arnott’s so hopefully they are just as good. 

 Sorry if I don’t get a very long email written it is because my computer is being weird.  It keeps logging me off, but I still have a time limit.  I am writing today and not yesterday because it was a public holiday yesterday.  It was the queen’s birthday. 

I have has a good week.  We had a baptism, she is a 14 year old girl named Lyndall, and we found her by visiting her mom because she was a less active member.  We ended up teaching her and she got baptized.  Her Uncle from Brisbane actually came down and baptized her so that was a good experience.  I played the organ!!  Surprising I learned how to play the organ, it is actually just a recording that you push the button to play it.

On Tuesday we ate at a member’s house out in a little country town named Nurioopta, it is in the Baaroosa Valley which is known for it’s wine.  But anyway, I guess it actually snows there every few years when it gets cold enough at night.  But it is just like slush sleet stuff though.  The drive was kind of scary though because it got really foggy and you could only see a few meters ahead of you.  At this dinner I tried a few new things, one was quince which is a fruit that I guess is a cross between apple and pear.  It tastes kind of citrusy.  The other things I had was some veal.  It was very good. 

A couple people have asked if I have ever had Hatch’s chocolates.  I don’t know exactly what it is but I guess there is a TV show about it, and it is little people that make cool things out of chocolate.  I guess that are in Salt Lake City.  Have you ever heard of it or had any or seen the TV show?

I learned an interesting fact about the tabernacle organ, if it is true.  Somebody told me that it was actually made by an Australian in Adelaide and then they actually had it shipped over there.  I don’t know if it is true.

Well that is all of the time that I have left today.  I Love you guys and hope that you have a great week.

Love,
The Studly Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment