Monday, May 14, 2012

New Comp and First Taste of Goanna

G'day family,
Far out. It has been a full on week. Our P-day was changed to Tuesday due to a public holiday on Monday. Unfortunately on Tuesday the internet was down for Tennant Creek, the landline phone and even our mobile phones didn't work. We didn't have any communication with anyone for a day, then the internet still didn't work for another day, so now I am writing today. Anyway, I will get off my soap box now.
Now I will tell you the info that you have been waiting for. My new companion in elder Tollis. You will never guess where he is from. . . another Tahitian. ha. He also has a quarter french in him. He has been on his mission about 18 months now. He is pretty funny. He doesn't have his driver's license so I have to drive the whole way. 5 hours. Ha
I ate my first goanna this past week. It tastes like chicken and fish mixed together. They cook it in the ground.
On sunday the N.T. district president was down for church. He brought his wife and a kid. That was cool to have him down. Someone else presiding at the meeting besides ourself, ha.
We are still making progress with the baptismal candidate, she was able to have her interview for baptism and passed, yeah! So it will happen soon. I wish I could say a solid date, but we will just have to see when the time is right and everthing works out.
Love yas heaps. Keep smiling.
Love Elder Hyde

Alden with a Goanna (not the one he ate, obviously)


No comments:

Post a Comment